RUNNING LENGTH: 1 DAY COURSE
This is an intensive, challenging, yet rewarding course. The course covers certain aspects of theatrical make-up including straight theatre, photographic, fantasy, period, historical and sex reversal.
Delegates will be required to model for each other.
Minimum entry requirement Level 2 Beauty Therapy/Hairdressing or Artistic Fashion background
HOURS OF TRAINING
Day 1 9.00am to 5.00pm
- The delegate will demonstrate competence in all aspects of health and safety
- The delegate will be able to competently carry out a consultation identifying contra-indications and contra-actions
- To provide basic research to achieve worksheet approval by the client, prior to media make-up being undertaken and to provide a character make-up to meet the approved worksheet.
- Delegates will be able to prepare the skin and learn all aspects of make-up application. The delegate will demonstrate SMART working techniques
- Delegates will demonstrate the correct techniques including the modification and application of false eyelashes, wigs, hairpieces and facial hair.
- Delegates will demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of relevant anatomy and physiology
- The morning session of the course is held within the lecture room and will feature a PowerPoint presentation, demonstrations and theoretical. Following lunch a hands on practical session will be held within the Sterex Academy training salon equipped with all the latest facilities for the optimum standard of training. Demonstrations will include strong practical elements, e.g. character, period, historical, animal, burlesque, ballerina and fantasy.
This course offers a Skin by Sterex certificate which is a highly sought after qualification and is recognised within the industry
£150 + VAT per delegate, per day, which includes a light luncheon
Course notes and an in-depth training manual will be provided upon completion of the course